Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sooo Much Detail!

 You may see this quilt hanging at Bernina in the next few weeks. What a fun quilt to make and machine quilt! The pattern is in the new Home to Roost book by Whimsical. The fabric is specifically made for the book, also called Home to Roost. Yes... this chicken quilt will be going to my grandmother when Bernina is finished with it. =)
 This quilt was BEGGING to be quilted with lots of detail! Wavy lines and circular wood grain in the fence outer border, vines on the patchwork border and a simple loop on the inner border. The sun is made up of squiggle lines and stippling.
 Wavy lines for the bordered panels...
 Swirls in the pinwheels...
And my personal favorite... wavy crosshatching on the chickens! Finishing with a straight line on the roost and filling in the background with feathering. The more I quilt, the braver I get. =) I am pleased with this one, for sure!

1 comment: