Thursday, March 13, 2014

Spring Fever


I am in love with this quilt!  It screams spring and I am sooo ready for spring.  There was a time when making queen sized quilts appealed to me... I wonder if the owner would want to part with this quilt?! =)
 I've quilted vines and swirls on the outer border and a banner swag on the inner border...
 Cathedral windows on the patchwork squares, an eight point flower medallion in the middle of the star and a feathery swag on the sashing.  Sigh... this would sure look lovely on my bed.  =)

2 comments:

  1. I am new to sewing/quilting - I did just complete a patchwork that I quilted with straight stitch in the ditch lines. The next one I want to do will not really be patchwork but applique - not too many straight lines so I was looking at simple quilting patterns and came across the one you use on your LOVE quilt. Stupid question - but is that free motion? and did you mark out all the curvy/wavy lines?

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wavy quilting design on LOVE is free motion and I just eyeballed the spacing. It's easier than one might think... especially once you get started. Hope this helps. =)

      Delete